Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wyoming... (or...WOW)

Well Wichita got what we are calling dysteria while on the Oregon Trail.  So the day turned into a long line of stops. But at least it was pretty. This is also how I found out the sun doesn't set till 9 something up there! We found our cabin; which was amazing. The dogs were happy, we were tired.
The next morning.... I woke up in Wyoming!
Off to Yellowstone of course. Just 30 minutes down the road and I saw the gates. The first part was affected by a wildfire in recent years so it was really cool to see it coming back.
Now I had researched Yellowstone, and asked people who had been there what they recommend. After pouring over pictures and descriptions I realized it didn't matter which direction; there would be something awesome. And really all I wanted to see was a bison.
So off to the northeast path. Barely past the visitor center.... and I saw what I came to see!
And immediately we stopped in a bison traffic jam.

The rest of the day was waterfalls, and 300 steps to the bottom of the falls, and a river, and picnic, and just so much beautiful nature!  

It ended in steak and whiskey back at the cabin.
Instead of all the details.... how about pictures? Here ya go: Wyoming day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment