Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's strange hearing no noise under the bed. (or, we lost our cat today.)

Cats are so different than dogs. Cats do not rely on humans for survival. They can hunt. They truly let us pet them. They have a independent quality to their souls. 
In this way, we feel special when a cat welcomes us into their life. The subtle way a cat gives love is a special thing. I've been lucky enough to have two special cats in my care.
In four months; they are both gone.
Ripley (the siamese) left us in January and today we lost Punk Kitty (the grey calico.)

Cats are subtle animals. But there is a hole here. The quiet movements are missing. They aged. They haven't done the weird cat running or playing in a long time. And they both weren't able to jump into the bed the last week they were around. 
I'll miss the head butts for petting, the purring, the surprise of a cat in a window, or bathtub. 
They are great cats. I will always miss them.







No comments:

Post a Comment